Monday, May 23, 2011

Long weekends.

I just hopped out of the shower and thankfully it took me away from being a zombie. What a late night that was and I just can't handle those anymore. We took 2 separate cars to the Drive In theatre last night. It was what they call a Dusk till Dawn, meaning each screen plays 4 movies in one night. And out of those 4 movies, we watched one.

The first movie was called Prom and none of us knew anything about it, so we took the kids over to the park so they could play and get to know one another. I'm speaking of my daughter and my girlfriends grandson. It was so much fun to watch them chase each other around having fun. I thought that hour and a half would tire them right out but not a chance.

There was an amazing lightning show during the movie as well. And for some reason I remember going to the Drive In and witnessing this many times. It was just what I think they call heat lightning, because there were only a few drops of rain during the movie.

The movie we went to see was the new Pirates of the Caribbean. 4 movies? As if. It was fun but I must say I can't say I really captured too much of the film. It was odd really. Some of the main characters I was familiar with were not in this film. And although I love and own the other earlier ones, it always takes me a couple of views to understand or follow what is happening. There is always so much going on in these films I find it hard to follow the first time around. And, the two children in the back seat even though both of them love these movies as much as we do had their own thing going on back there giggling and trying to get on the roof of my car. For the first bit I opened the sun roof to let them sit up there but after them crawling in and out a few times I closed it up.

We took two cars because Janice was coming from the south and me the north. We planned to meet up, then get in line but that didn't work out at all. At one point because I was running late we sent each other texts to attempt a well timed meet up. She was stuck in a ridiculous line up of cars on the highway to get in and I even seen her and her car while driving by on the opposite side of the highway. So, me knowing the area from growing up there, took an alternate route. I came from behind taking another route coming up the back side of the Drive In. While she waited still just barely off the highway, I was already inside and parked. I felt bad for her and if I had any idea I would have told her to go the other way. But, as everything does it worked out and I was able to save her a spot right beside my car. When she parked, we then went to the park and later settled into my car.

The movie ended around 2 am, and all of us were tired. Okay, wait. Us adults were tired. I think the kids could have kept going for sure. But, I had to drive my oldest daughter to work for 6 so we called it a night. And thank goodness we did because I was exhausted.

I'm looking out my window right now at the guy next door. He has this pick thing and he's manually taking out every dandelion by hand. Oh my God. Have fun with that. I just noticed him sit on something like a recycle box and he's there looking at all the ones he has left to do. I don't get it. Eventually they do go away and even if you do whatever you need to do to take them out, I'm looking at everyones lawns around here and they will just come back. I'm sure there are many opinions about what I just said. haha.

Anyway....so far its been a great weekend. I love the time off and I love not wasting any bit of it. This morning was amazingly sunny and that made me happy. The clouds are rolling and we're expecting a storm so I'll have to move any plans inside. I hope your weekend is going well......

No comments:

Post a Comment