Friday, June 10, 2011

Traffic

I have to drive to work because of the distance. I like to drive to different places to visit people. I also like to drive different places when I'm out taking photographs.

Those are the three things that come to mind and there is only one 'have to' out of three. To be honest, I am getting to a point where I'd much rather not have to own a car anymore. The cost of owning a car is not only ridiculous but also stupid. I think in the near future, hopefully in the next couple of years I can work in the same area where I live and give it all up. The money I would save would allow me to rent a vehicle when I absolutely needed to, or even borrow one for a short while.

Some cities, the traffic lights are well synchronized which of course makes travel efficient and less time consuming. Where I live? It's a joke. Today my daughter and her boyfriend were with me, the canoe on the car on our way to the lake. From one end of town to the other, I at least had to stop for 3/4 of all the traffic lights. And sure, you can mellow out, wait it out, carry on a conversation...whatever. The amount of money I have to fork out each week in fuel for my car, waiting at a traffic light for any amount of time just pisses me right off.

There. That's my rant for the day. Something to set as a goal for the future. No more Car.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and silly me forgot to mention I do care about the environment more than the money.

    ReplyDelete